Monday 19 February 2018

Pop Up Herd!

Hello hello, Jenny here and I'm down on the farm today with a pop up herd!!!

Yes the new Inside Pop Fence die from Mama Elephant just gave me the idea to fill it with the animals from MFT's The Whole Herd stamp set...



I followed the video tutorial from Mama Elephants You Tube channel to assemble the fence and grassy strips then adhered it to a green card base. I found that you need to place the fence slightly lower than centre on a card that has a shorter folded edge so the fence doesn't protrude outside the card when folded.



I stamped, coloured and die cut the animals and added them to the grassy strips so they were sightly staggered. To make the rest of the green space look like a grassy meadow, I used the dies in the set to cut a few white flowers and adhered them to the card base.



I wasn't sure how to do the front... I'm not used to making a card were the inside is the star of the show!!
With the Scalloped frames I cut a panel of card and set about inking a sky and grassy field ( I used the negative pieces from the grass die cuts to make a mask for spiky grass)


The fence panel is from the pop up die and I just trimmed a piece off and added grass and shading, then made it a perch for the chicken. I used Mama Elephants Bella Letters to create my 'punny' sentiment which follows on to the inside of the card with a sentiment from the animal stamp set.

Having a look through my stash and I came across a few stamp sets that would work with this pop up fence... how about gnomes or hedgehogs, a vegetable or flower garden or even a baby onsie on a washing line??!! It's such a fun surprise inside the card and quite easy to assemble too :)


   

Thanks for stopping By :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! I've not tried a pop up card yet, but with all the recent dies can't wait to give it a go soon. Really like how you've put this one together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team