Sunday 18 February 2018

Getting into the Olympics Vibe

I'm not the sportiest of people and I do hate snow but for some weird reason I do love the winter Olympics and keep trying to stay awake to watch the curling.....   So this week I thought I'd get into the Olympic vibe with a fun card seeing as team GB just won it's first ever medal on skis!


I combined MFT's Ski-sons Greetings with Mama Elephant's So Many Snowmen to provide the crowd for my ski jumping Olympian.  I did a quick inky background (masking off the snowmen on the top row) and added some water drops for snow.    Some of the snowmen have little bits of holly in their hats so to make it less Christmassy I just made a couple of score signs (hand drawn) and stuck them over to cover up the bits I didn't want to see.  It's a good way of getting a longer season out of your stamps ;-)  There's often an easy way to "disguise" some odd bits!

I also wanted to share a card I made for the current Less is More Challenge as it's their 7th birthday this month and I am sponsoring their current "dry embossing in a CAS way" challenge.


Here I've used the Full of Heart Stencil and run it through my Big Shot with a tan mat so you get a really subtle embossed effect of hearts all over the background.

For the focal element I've used the gorgeous Mosaic Dome die from AlteNew and embossed it using the tan mat again into some thick card.   I've then used an embossing pen to colour in the raised elements and used different embossing powders to get an enamelled look to the dome.  I really like the soft blue shade which came about by accident - the embossing pen has a slight blue hue and I used satin pearl embossing powder over the top and the blue showed through - one happy accident!

I added a blue glitter banner and then the two part sentiment using Waffle Flower Crafts really useful Congrats stamp and die sets.  All layered up with tiny bits of foam tape for dimension and interest.

Hope you like it and hope you are inspired to join in the challenge too - it's a really fun one!





NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will have the new release from Hero Arts in store this week as well as the Lawn Fawn release on Thursday.

We may also get a few more arrivals but it all depends on how much time we have to get those opened and loaded in amongst those two major releases which equate to a days work each to load to the store never mind pack!   We'll get everything else online as quickly as we can.

As always new arrivals will be reported on our Facebook page as soon as they are available in store to purchase.

Catch you next weekend

Tara

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun skiing card and I love the way you disguised the holly as scorecards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team