Tuesday 5 December 2017

Simple Christmas Flora




Hello there, I imagine that most of you will have got your Christmas crafting well underway now, if not finished!! But if not and you're a 'last minute Lucy' like me I have a very clean and simple 4"square card set to show you today....


Solid stamps are awesome for simple, quick designs and when they're foliage and berries it's even better because you can layer them and be a super quick flower arranger too :)

These images are from the Poinsettia Watercolour stamp set by Flora & Fauna,  apart from the set of three seed-heads which are from the Graphic Flowers set..... Flora and Fauna are a great company for mixing and matching images across the range :)


I started by cutting six 8½cm square pieces of card for my stamping panels and then got going with a production line.... I didn't use a stamping platform with these as it was far easier with acrylic blocks. The only mask I made was for the two bright green leaves, the rest is just layered.


To add a touch of Christmas bling and to frame the panel, I tapped the edges into a Versamark pad and then dabbed them into gold embossing powder before setting them with a heat gun.... I'm not a massive fan of metallic tones but I do love that thin border to complete the design :)

I opted to keep my cards all the same but you could easily change up the arrangement or sentiment if wanted too :)

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team