Tuesday 12 December 2017

Cheers to the New Year

This year seems to have gone by so fast! Hard to believe we'll be in 2018 in a few short weeks. With that in mind, I have a New Years card to share today. 


I began with a square card base, then die cut a zig-zag square to go on the top. From that, I die cut a stitched star peek-a-boo window. You could easily turn this into a shaker card, using one of the fabulous MFT shaker pouches.

Next, I reached for one of my favourite stamp sets - Avery Elle Bunting. This was actually the first stamp set I bought when I started making cards again in 2015! I am still finding new ways to use it, too.

I reached for the stars, circles and starburst shapes from this set, and heat embossed them around the star with gold embossing powder.

Before adding the zig-zag square to the card base, I layered a piece of black card behind the star.

I added a gold glitter 'Cheers' word die over the top of the star. The black background really helps it stand out. If I made this again, though, I think I’d layer a few of the word die cuts for some more dimension.

To finish, I added some sequins for extra sparkle.



Thanks for joining me today and throughout the year. 
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
Gemma

MFT Stitched Star Peek-a-boo Window

MFT Cheers
Avery Elle Bunting
Lawn Fawn Zig Zag Squares







1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team