Monday 2 October 2017

Autumnal Leaves

Hi there, It's Jenny bringing you some autumn colour to start your week :)

This design didn't turn out how I planned!! I was going to try some emboss resist layering 
but I picked up the wrong embossing powder and I'm kinda glad I did :)


I started by loosely adding watercolour to the panel in seasonal shades and faded the colours towards the bottom of the piece then allowed the paint to dry naturally. I stamped the Beautiful Leaves with Versamark ink and should've grabbed the clear embossing powder but ended up using white instead to heat emboss the images!! A quick change of plan meant I water coloured the leaves again with more intense colours and the embossing helped keep the paint in the lines too.


The sentiment is made from Avery Elle's Simply Said: You stamp set and die.... I layered up a few die cuts with the top layer being cut from a previously stamped woodgrain scrap I found. I just love the autumn and all the colours it brings.... I think water-colouring is the best way to capture the seasonal vibe :)

                

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team