Monday 7 August 2017

Sleeping Beauty Box Pop-Up Card

Today I'm sharing the box pop-up card I've made for my niece's 4th birthday. I was inspired by one of her favourite Disney princesses, Sleeping Beauty.


I first stamped, coloured and cut out lots of images from the Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends stamp set. As Lawn Fawn don't have a fairytale set (hint hint, Lawn Fawn!), I chose one of the princesses from the MFT Once Upon a Time stamp set. I also added some butterflies and the bird from that set too.

I used a piece of 12x12 paper I had in my craft stash to make the box, but the Echo Park 6x6 perfect princess paper pad would be great for this. Remember, the box die will fit on 6x6 paper, but you'll need to cut it out twice to make the box so you'll need two pieces.


I added three tabs to the box, cut from Lawn Fawn green perfectly plaid paper, with a grassy edge attached to each one. I also added a blue watercolour paper stitched rectangle to the back panel, along with a grassy border.

I adhered the fairies and butterflies on acetate strips so they pop up and appear to fly when the box opens. I tried to fill the box out more this time, with lots of flowers in each layer. 


As the fairy house is meant to be in the forest, I added a green hillside and trees to each side panel to bring the scene out more.

The panel at the front has a heat embossed greeting from the Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends stamp set.



I had fun making this box card and am looking forward to seeing my niece's reaction when she opens it to see Sleeping Beauty and the three fairies inside.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card Pop Up

MFT Trees in Forest

MFT Watercolour Wash Paper

Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Paper
MFT Grassy Hills dienamic
Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends
MFT Once Upon A Time


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I might use a similar one for my great niece. Thank you for showing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and adorable and so clever...great job x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team