Monday 19 June 2017

Raising the Woof!!

Hello, Jenny here.... I think we're on the third day of a mini heatwave here in the UK and I for one am flagging!!! 

Anyhow, onto today's card. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the animal card dies from Paper Smooches a few weeks back and it seems you all loved them too as they sold out quite quickly, but are now back in stock :)
I had to have a play with the Dog and Cat dies first being a total dog lover and I came up with this rather fun Husky type dog....


I would advise that you cut all the dies apart in these sets and then cut all the pieces in some thin scrap card so you can play with the shapes and see how they all work together... you can mix and match to make different faces or even animals!

I have cut various parts in different coloured card including two sets of ears in brown and white then free-hand cut the brown patches for the ears. When I had arranged the facial features I felt the ears, nose, tongue and eyes needed some extra detail so I used Polychrome pencils to do that.


The sentiment comes from the stamp set that's designed to work with the dies but I wanted to emphasise the pun part so I used the Well Connected alpha for the word WOOF! I have left the inside blank for now so I can add a suitable sentiment for any occasion I use it for ;)

I love his big happy face.... a sort of doggy selfie!! Lol

                       

Thanks for stopping by today, see you next week :)
Jenny x



2 comments:

  1. I love the idea behind these dies, and the results are so fun! Your extra shading really makes a difference and has created a very authentic husky look :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team