Tuesday 25 April 2017

Seasons

I love to see all the beautiful blossom on the trees in spring. The changing seasons each have their own beauty, and that inspired my card today.
 

On a piece of white card, I first used the Lil'Inker Quilted Swirl Stitched pattern die to add some pretty detail before die cutting the tree tops from the MFT Trees in the Forest die-namics. 

I had a similar idea for the tree trunks and branches, using the Lil'Inker stitched woodgrain cover die to add detail first. They ended up being too small to really see the detail of the cover die, but the idea would work well for larger tree dies, I'm sure.

Next, I used MFT inks to add colour to the die cuts. For the winter trees, I kept them white but added some clear glitter to represent snow.



I created four square frames by die cutting two of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Squares together. To add some colour behind the frames, I die cut some squares from a piece of blue MFT watercolour wash paper. 

I layered the frames and background papers, then added them to the card with foam tape. Then I attached the trees to the card with liquid adhesive.


Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments stamp set. 


Thanks for joining me today.
Gemma
  
MFT Trees in Forest

MFT Watercolour Wash Papers
Lil'Inker Quilted Swirl Die


6 comments:

  1. I love this! The layout is great and I love the idea of representing the changing seasons. For some reason I haven't spotted those tree dies before but I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Gemma! In my opinion, everything's done in perfect balance! Like the swirls on the trees...I purchased the tree dies and later wondered "Why??" You've inspired me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card which I'm taking some inspiration from. TFS your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team