Friday 9 September 2016

Negative die-cutting covered in cute critters!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got some negative die-cutting covered in a whole host of Lawn Fawn loveliness!


Using different sets from throughout the years;  one such set, Critters in the Burbs, goes waaaaay back, and has an emotional tie to me as it was my first EVER Lawn Fawn purchase...leading to an absolute love and addiction!


I started by cutting my 'hello' from a piece of card using Quinn's ABC's (lower case), then creating a little watercolour scene over the top using Zig Clean Colour Pens.  I then stamped out all the little critters I wanted to use, coloured them, again, using Zig Clean Colour Pens, and fussy-cut.  I flicked through all my Lawn Fawn sets to pick out some my all time favourite critters to use, so of course you could use anything.  I do love a good rummage through my collection.  It's easy to forget how awesome the older sets are, and deserve to be brought back to life!  My squirrel and rabbit are from the golden oldie, 'Critters in the Burbs', my little birdies are from 'Chit Chat', (nobody does cute birds as good as Lawn Fawn!), and my wriggly worm is from 'Bugs and Kisses'.


I wanted to make a real feature of my negative space, but didn't want to do my 'go-to' of making it into a shaker, so decided to make a really bright background to beam through and draw your eye in.  I used 'Gingham Backdrops' and a bright yellow ink spritzed with a little water.


I used Mama Elephant's 'Index Card Creative Cut' to cut my panel and a wee little frame from patterned paper, then adhered all my elements in place using foam adhesive for dimension.  The easiest way to make sure all the wee bits for your negative space go back in the correct place, is to pop the 'positive' piece back in, glue down the small 'negative' pieces, then pop the the positive back out...you with me :/
I loved the bright, clean, fun look to this card, so skipped any extra embellishments and left it there.


I really hope you like it, and that it maybe makes you want to rummage through some of your older sets and give em' a good inking!

As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Quinn's ABC's Dies (lower case) Image 1Gingham Backdrops Image 1Critters in the Burbs

Chit Chat Image 1Bugs and Kisses Image 1

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)Index Card Creative Cuts Image 1

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The hint of gingham through the negative letters is fab and I adore the critters! So cute and fun <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team